Sometimes my life seems like one long list of stuff to do. So for the next 10 days, I’m going to live by a To Don’t list. Here’s what’s on it.
- Don’t think 11am is too early for a glass of rosé.
- Don’t buy that pair of white cotton trousers in the French market for €10 (you still haven’t worn the pair you bought last year, or the black ones you bought the year before that).
- Don’t stress about the kids’ screen time. Same goes for their pizza intake.
- Don’t worry about what you look like in a bikini. Nobody else is.
- However, don’t think this applies to playsuits. You look like a giant toddler in one.
- Don’t give up on the current book club book, it might get better.
- Don’t forget to take the latest Marian Keyes just in case it doesn’t.
- Don’t bother with fake tan. You’ve left it too late (again).
- Don’t pack every kaftan you’ve ever owned. You always wear the same one anyway.
- Don’t think about your To Do list, it can wait.
See you on the other side.
Current white in the fridge: Rustenberg On the QT Grenache Blanc
Price: £11.19 - Buy From Waitrose
This is the white wine we had at our Camp Bestival wine tasting a couple of weeks ago. The reason it’s called ‘On the QT’ is because it’s made by a famous producer; they just don’t put their name to it (it’s sold as a parcel to Waitrose). It divided opinion and I’m pretty sure that’s because it’s got a fair amount of oaky flavour thanks to time spent ageing in barrels. But I loved it in all its tropical fruit glory. Honestly, if you like an expensive white Burgundy, try this. And if you love it, don’t tell everyone because it’ll all sell out.
Current rose in the fridge: Las Fincas Rosado
Price: £14.95 - Buy From Great Western Wine
This is the Spanish rosé from our Camp Bestival wine tasting a few weeks ago and it went down beautifully. Pale but perky, fruity but subtle, it’s everything you want from a serious (but not so serious it’s scary) rosé. Joyful to drink, it’s light enough to sip on its own but with enough fruit and body to cope with lots of different foods (think light spice, roasted veg). Gorgeous packaging too.